We recognize that nursing homes and assisted living facilities are at high risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases including COVID-19. Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our residents and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for residents.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. If you have any questions about your loved one, please call us at 408-741-2950.
The measures we are taking include:
- Clear and constant communication with staff, residents, and visitors
- Posting signs and reminders at the facility
- Communicating verbal answers from staff to residents and visitors
- Posting information on our website
- Protection with our workforce includes:
- Screening employees and residents for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call in replacement staff
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Increased hand sanitation stations throughout our facility
- Protection of our residents includes:
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others, and moving residents who test positive for COVID immediately to our COVID unit
- No field trips and activities outside the facility
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others
- Allowing for in-room dining to reduce the risk of spreading disease
- Increasing cleaning in common areas (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.)
If your loved one is currently in our COVID unit, we cannot allow visitors at this time. Patients must remain in our COVID unit for 10 days since they tested positive.
Our Activities Director can set up phone calls and/or Facetime with you and your loved one during that time. Please call us at 408-741-2950 and our front desk will get you in touch with our Activities Director.
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate the ongoing situation.